Friday, November 15, 2013

Nice Day

Hello,

As is so often the case after the first cold snap it warms up nicely. Today was a gorgeous day. I delivered most of the rest of the neighborhood newsletters. It was an enjoyable walk in spite of two fierce little dogs guarding one of the largest houses that I stop at. I decided they were more bark than bite and that has proven to be the case, but they do not like it when I come up their sidewalk. I left some papers for Leroy to finish tomorrow. They are the farthest away, but it is only one block and the ends to that block. I suppose I did ¾ of the total.

I work tomorrow and then will attend a baby shower after work so it will be a long day. On Thursday I worked nine hours. That was a long day, but not a hard day as there were no serious problems that needed attention.

We will go to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving. Because Andy is to be gone most of the time until Christmas, Miriam would like me to stay longer. That would have been so possible had I not been working. One of my co-workers has resigned so we are short handed and I do not feel comfortable taking any more time off, although I suppose I could ask about it. It creates a conflict of wanting to be responsible to both work and children.

If my children lived closer I could help on many of my days off. But that is not the way life is.

I stopped at Goodwill looking for some game parts for a craft at work. I was blessed to find a pair of skinny jeans that fit me quite nicely and they were half off their low price. I am pleased. I think I look quite fine in them. Now the question is which of the other four jeans should I eliminate? The ones that Miriam says are too short and I should not appear in public wearing? The old ones I wear around the house? The ones that are a little tight? The ones that are little too big?


Paula

No comments: