Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fly Away

Hello,

Leroy and I are flying away to Utah in just two hours. Rather we get on the bus in an hour and a half. Looking forward to seeing some of the family again.

Last night when I came home, long faced Leroy very seriously said, “I need to talk to you. Starting January 1 my job will be just half time. Besides that, health insurance will be eliminated in February. My coworker will also be half time. ”

The situation will not be as serious for her as her husband has a good job and her insurance is covered through his job.

We are starting on that old path again. What to do next?  Leroy is looking at library jobs and church jobs. My salary pays the rent and utilities, but that is all. I am now sorry that I did not apply for a job at the Cedar Rapids library that is also only half time, however, it pays much more than what I am paid now plus I would not have far to go to get to work and I could ride my bike or use the bus. One of the hazards of liking a job is not grabbing at improvements.

God wants us to trust him and not jobs or situations. Why are we being brought to the edge once again? I am going back to living in the moment or trying to. Guess I have more to learn about the trust and not worry part of life. It will come. Thank you God for the care we have had and continue to have.


Paula

No comments: