Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cleaned Pan

Hello,

Even though it was not on my list I got the pan clean. It was that one that I seriously burned apples into the bottom of. Leroy had worked at least three times on it and not gotten so much evidence eliminated. Several days ago I decided that nothing more was coming off and I boiled pasta in it. As I was getting the pasta out I scraped the bottom and a strip of brown stuff came up. I then attacked the entire pan with a spoon and got up 90% of what was left. Leroy washed it out. I used it again today to make some more applesauce. When I was done, I again attacked with a spoon. It is now graced with just small faint flecks of brown. I am so happy to have my favorite pan back. Who knew that we needed to beat it with a spoon?

I went out this afternoon and delivered about 1/3 of the neighborhood newsletters. I feel happy to have gotten them done, but I could not convince myself to do any more. I will try to go out again on Friday. I bundled up quite well and by the time I was done, I was getting warm.

We still have some dried soybeans that need to be hulled. I will be pleased when that job is finished. It would be nice if I had some way to throw them up in the air and let the wind carry away the dust that is on them. Throwing them in the air is not the problem, catching them is the issue. When finished hulling, I will use a strainer and then wash them before I store them.

I finally caught up on recording our expenses for the last three months. We did not spend much on food, thanks to the garden, but we certainly spent a lot on airfare. Just so grateful that we can do that. Twenty years ago I would not have thought that I could have spent so much time in a plane.


Paula

No comments: