Friday, November 22, 2013

Today's amazing things

Hello,

I opened my eyes to more light than usual coming through the blinds. “It must have snowed,” I thought as I just lay there waiting for Leroy to wake.

When I opened the door in preparation for heading out for my walk I saw it had indeed snowed. I was pleased as I always like the first snow I see, especially when I am not going to be driving to work at some early hour. On my walk I greeted a neighbor who lives on the street behind us. I gave him the gift of a smile and hopes for a great day.

Later in the morning I was sitting at the kitchen table when I happened to look out and see a squirrel making its way, tail first down the rather large tree next door. At one point the trunk curved away from it. This squirrel just let go with its hind feet as its lower body swung back and forth before it grabbed once again with the back legs and proceeded down the tree.

I walked to the local grocery, bought my items, and went home only to realize that I still had my store coupon stuck in my pocket. Looking over the receipt I saw that the coupon amount had been subtracted so I did not need to go back. Instead I could head off to the garden to harvest more broccoli leaves and kale. It is obviously not growing much, but brushing bits of snow aside, I got a nice amount for supper.

While there a man came walking through the area. I told him that I had been picking greens and welcomed him to pick some as well. He told me that it was to get very cold in the next two days. I then urged him to take everything I had left as this will be the end. We then walked part of the way home before he veered off in another direction. Nice to greet another neighbor. Again I gave that gift of a smile and my attention. I believe that blesses the neighborhood.

I had my stocking cap on with my hood up. This guy had on a worn leather jacket with no hood and no hat. He also had bare hands. He told me he was trying to adjust to the weather. I hope it is not lack of funds which keeps him dressed so lightly.


Paula

No comments: