Sunday, November 24, 2013

Joy in the Morning

Hello,

The sun is streaming in the window and the color satisfies my soul. Leroy and I went to church last night thus giving us a feeling of disorientation this morning. Looking at this beauty settles me and helps gratitude to fill me. Isn’t that what worship is to be about?

We did take a short walk this morning in the five degrees with no wind so it did not feel as bad as it did last night when the temperature was higher, but then a wind blew into our faces much of the way.

Waffles with fresh applesauce were the breakfast fare. The applesauce took longer than I planned to take so I had to use the microwave to get it finished on time. I do not take off the peels, consequently we had some large chucks of peel. That does not bother me as my goal is health and not looks or texture. Love these organic or almost organic apples that hardly have a worm in them. Actually I have yet to see a worm.

Leroy has been working on his Sunday School lesson for the Sunday we return from Utah. I have been reading magazines. At the library, I delete the magazines that are older, but usually only about six months old. Before I delete them I decided to check them out one last time because some of them do look interesting. I have learned a lot that I did not know before. Especially in Scientific American, The Atlantic Monthly, The Smithsonian, and Acres. If I could just keep the knowledge in my head for the rest of my life I would be one smart woman. As it is most of the information is just passing through and entertaining me as it goes.

Paula


I have inserted a photo of my shamrock, primrose, and small 88 cent poinsettia from Wal-mart. Such joy in such small packages.


No comments: