Sunday, November 17, 2013

Blustery Day

Hello,

The discussion started when we got up; walk to church or drive to church. As we closed in on the time it looked less rainy so we put on our walking shoes, picked up umbrellas, put on rain coats and headed out the door. It was great to be out as the temperature was fine and the clouds were high. In the course of the walk a band of lower grey clouds moved in, but all was fine. Walking out the door of the church on the way to the church celebration dinner we noticed that the wind was blustery and it felt cold. Leroy lamented his lack of a protective hat and gloves. I had thin gloves and a hood on my rain jacket. Hoods are one of my favorite pieces of equipment. I felt quite snug and protected as I pulled it up over my head. We made it the four blocks to the appointed without rain.

The dinner was quite enjoyable as we visited with old friends, and new acquaintances. Always great to settle in with good relationships and to add new a few at a time.

On the way out the door we noticed it seemed wetter and even windier. Perhaps for the first half mile we did not put up our umbrellas. Leroy found that it indeed protected his ears when he pointed his monster umbrellas into the wind. We are well supplied with help when we need it. Luckily the rain did not become a torrent or we might have been miserable. I was happy to get to the warmth when we arrived at home.

Now have made granola even though I try not to work on Sunday, but there is a pleasant aroma filling the air as well as extra warmth in the kitchen. Besides, we did not have enough granola for tomorrow since I had given away a bit of the last batch. Blessings, blessings!

Paula 

No comments: