Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Day Off

Hello,

I have a day off because I am working Saturday. I did not just sit around all day, but I tried consciously to move slower and be present in the moment.

I even made an appointment for a yearly health checkup. I would like to just ignore such things, but it is probably not good for my well being. I suspect one of the larger issues will be my bone health.

All of the greens that we picked on Sunday are now in the freezer, in the crisper drawer, or in our stomachs. We both suspect the greens did not survive the 14 degrees this morning. I am so happy that we stopped and picked many of them while they were still so delightful.

I had planned to deliver the neighborhood newsletter, but I will put that off until tomorrow. Because it takes me a bit of time to get that done, I expect to do some on Friday and the rest on Sunday. It is nice to be out and about in the neighborhood. Last Saturday Leroy and I visited with another woman that we had not previously met. I like it when people are outside as we are walking around. It is so much easier than going up to someone’s house and introducing ourselves.

Leroy rode the bus again this morning. He has lost his bus pass, so has been using mine. He tells me that he will buy another today. He plans to walk the three miles home, with a stop for a meeting at church. That makes a nice break for him if he is cold.

Leroy tells me that the people on the bus appear to be either elderly or perhaps poor. I suppose that is a big reason why public transportation has such a difficult time; it is not backed by the rich and powerful who have alternative options. I know, I know, population density also is a big factor. What are the answers to these issues?

Paula

No comments: