Monday, November 25, 2013

More Snow

Hello,

Again I noticed that it was quite light in the apartment when I went to the bathroom in the night. I thought, “Surely it has not snowed again.”

Leroy looked outside almost immediately when he woke and announced, “It snowed again and it looks like more this time.”

The sidewalks were indeed coated even though blades of grass could be seen poking through on the lawn. It has been so much colder so not much melted when it touched down. Instead of a morning walk I swept and Leroy shoveled. I am grateful for a broom that works well on cement and the wood floor of the deck. We are also blessed with excessive shovels so picking and choosing is possible.

Now three hours later the sidewalk is once again covered. I will try to get the way to the garage cleaned before I walk on it. Seems to me slippery is kept at bay if I clear first.

Leroy, who rode the bus this morning, called to tell me that it was a bit late. We plan to take the bus to the airport tomorrow. I asked what will happen if our bus is late. Leroy told me that the other buses were there waiting for that one to come in so people could transfer. It will be fine. He also told me that people who use the interstate said it was not good and traffic was very slow. I figure that by the time I leave for work the interstate will be fine, but I am concerned about the Ely blacktop which seems to be the last to be cleared. There will have been 100’s of cars driving on it and packing it down making it resemble a bumpy skating rink. I am trying to focus on the moment and let the future take care of its self. I will leave a bit early so I can go slower and still arrive on time.

It is very beautiful. I do like snow and I am not ready to be in a place where it does not come.


Paula

No comments: