Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The List

Hello,

Because I do not work today, right after Leroy left, I made my usual to do list. There is such satisfaction in crossing off items so I feel that I have accomplished something. Instead of working on items on  the list I saw dust on a stand in the living room. When I got out the swishy duster it seemed that more and more dust exposed itself. From there I tackled almost everything in the apartment. After dusting like that I needed to vacuum. After all, where does the dust go? I really do not see so much clinging to this duster so it must be in the air or on the floor. Besides I had not vacuumed in a few days. So what is the solution for my great list? After I finished the dusting and vacuuming I wrote them on the last and then crossed them off.

The list is looking quite fine because I did not have such time consuming items on it. Make the bed, make lunch, eat lunch, wash dishes, and brush teeth would happen no matter what else happened. It looks like a very productive day when I look at all of the things crossed off my list.

If I had had a list at work yesterday afternoon/evening I would not have been able to cross off many things. It was Election Day. The polling place is in the library meeting room. Because it was not a major election I felt there would not be such an increase in library business. I was alone and in the seven hours that I worked I dealt with 90 people. Two people wanted library cards while one person needed to have their card updated. I only mention that because they take more time than just checking out books. Then there were at least four patrons who were on a search for books that were specific, but they did not know the name or it was on a specific subject. I should have made a list that had help people, get new cards, say hello, and check out books. Lots would have been crossed off.


Paula

No comments: