Monday, November 11, 2013

Leroy at home

Hello,

Leroy is at home and I am having trouble remembering that I must go to work at 1:00. I have made granola because we were out. No granola is almost a crisis situation at our house. Then I plan, with Leroy’s help to make an apple crisp. It is great to have the oven run on this cool day. The kitchen warms up nicely when I open the door to stir the granola.

It is to get colder as the day goes on. There is also the chance of rain. Leroy headed off to the community garden as early as he could get out of the house. He tells me that it is mostly cleaned up of  vines, etc. Now all that is left of what we planted is the broccoli and kale. We are hoping that it will survive the predicted freeze. Next year we are to head up the garden committee. We must be staying.

I am taking back a gift from my landlady. I gave her some primrose last spring. Those flowers spent a nice summer on her deck. Mine did not fare so well in the ground. I dug up the surviving two of mine to take them back inside when she told me that she was not going to keep many plants over the winter. If I wanted the one primrose the squirrels left alone, I could have it back. It is already sending up a beautiful yellow bud stalk. I am pleased. I have taken in impatiens twice now, but they do not look so very happy, instead they are limp and droopy. Our Ely garden host gave me a shamrock from his supply and it is flourishing nicely. There is color and blooms in my life.

Leroy is teaching Sunday school in December. He has found some of the files he was looking for, but only half of them. Did I urge him to get rid of too many papers? And he followed my urges?

He is going to try to get that class together this afternoon while I am gone. He will be undisturbed.


Paula

No comments: