Sunday, November 10, 2013

Garden

Hello,

Leroy and I went to the concert this afternoon. It was a trio that included piano, violin, and cello. Leroy only slept a little. He commented that he was tired before it started so he took a small nap in the first part. He tells me he was awake after that. I did not check on him but decided to ignore his state of consciousness. We thought the trio was quite good. They certainly played with fire.

On the way home from the concert we stopped at the garden picking a few random small broccoli flowerets and many broccoli leaves which I hope to freeze tomorrow. It is fun to pick broccoli now that the worms are not in the picture. The new growth leaves are also very nice. We did pick a few Swiss chard leaves, but there were not so many to be found. I am pleased that we can still find edibles in the garden on November 10. In the next couple days we are to get some hard freezes so I do not expect much more.

Leroy is planning to go back to the garden tomorrow because he is taking the day off. He will clean it up some more. As he says there is not so much left to do there. It seems to me the vines that are left are already shrinking as they decompose. We have been blessed by this garden.

I planted some radishes by the house and they look quite fine, but I am not sure they will be large enough to eat before there is too much cold.

We ate a squash from the garden for supper and there are three pumpkins on the attic steps waiting for the right time for us to cut into them. They are not the usual type of pumpkin so I am hoping they will be good to eat.


Paula

No comments: