Monday, November 4, 2013

In DC

Hello,

Just one last story about DC. We went to a church close to the White House as that would put us in the right territory for our garden tour. As we exited the church the secret service moved in to “sweep the building”. We had a little refreshment after church. Walking back towards the White House to go on that tour we found the street in front of the church blocked. Stephen speculated that Obama was going to attend the later service. We hung around for some time watching as those wanting to participate in the later service went through some security. None of us wanted so badly to see who it was that we were willing to again go to church so we waited and watched as three SUVs drove up and circled around. After a bit a limo did come up, but no one ever got out of it. We wonder if they also stopped at a side door and that is where they entered the building.

I am certainly not skilled at seeing presidents in person.  The closest I have come was in Slovakia. Bush gave a speech there, but I was far enough away that I could not make identification with my eyes and was only able to see him on a screen. It seems to me this hardly qualifies as “seeing” him. Good thing that does not matter much to me.

Tuesday, the 22nd of October Leroy and I flew into EDT causing us to eat early and go to bed early. Rising time was about what we were used to. On Monday the 29th of October we flew back to Iowa and CDT meaning that once again we wanted to eat at another time. We still went to bed a bit early. On the 3rd of November we have once again changed eating and sleeping times as it is now CST. Seems to me we could have planned this a little more efficiently. Oops, I forgot, Sarah did some more drastic changes and I should not even notice an hour swing forward, back, and back. We have both sensed some alternate rhythm to our lives and movements. But we can deal with it. In a week it will be normal, right?


Paula

No comments: