Sunday, November 3, 2013

On Saturday in DC

Hello,

We had lunch at the Native American Museum. It was an interesting place to eat. Many or maybe all of the food is from the Native American cultures, both south and north. I had some Quinoa with cauliflower. I found it to be tasty, but I am not sure where the cauliflower was as I never saw it.

The Padres went home while Leroy and I stayed and toured the museum. It was recommended that we start with the theater presentation on the fourth floor. We sat in a circle and there were three projections of separate, but related movies to watch. It was well done. Things above were in the sky and sometimes there were shadows on the lowest level that were perhaps an eagle flying overhead. The film lasted about 20 minutes.

After that we perused the exhibits on that floor. It took quite a while causing even Leroy to stop reading so many things. We also looked at most of the next floor down. By that time we were tired and felt that we could not absorb any more. I would also recommend this museum to anyone who has time while in DC.

After we asked which side of the building we should exit, we found the Metro stop without further difficulty. It is an easy walk. I am not really a big city dweller, but I do like the availability of good public transportation. I also find it interesting that anyone we have asked for help in this city is very accommodating to us. Maybe that is because it is such a tourist spot and they learn how to notice that someone could use some help.


Paula

No comments: