Monday, November 18, 2013

Sunshine

Hello,

I love sunshine, at least today. In the computer room it is shinning in on the blooming shamrock and the blooming primrose. As my mother, when she would hear the chickens singing, used to say, “The chickens and I like the sun.” It certainly lifts the spirits.

Even the impatiens that I have in the pots are starting to look as if life is worth another try. I am pleased. Soon they will also start blooming and adding to the beauty of my life.

The Clivia is growing seeds. There are five larger seeds and three smaller. I would be happy to send them to anyone who might like to try growing this interesting plant that blooms infrequently, but spectacularly.

My peace lily survives but seldom blooms. It must not be in the right place for happiness. What to do?

In our spiritual class at church we were given some marigold seeds which have sprouted and grown, but certainly not flourished. I am not sure that I want to repot because I am thinking that Leroy’s sinuses would not be happy to have them bloom in the house. I have trouble throwing out a living thing so at the moment they are just existing. I did let the two poinsettias freeze, but I felt cruel and mean, however where would I have put them, especially since I have never been able to reproduce the color in a poinsettia?

Without counting the marigolds, I have 16 plants in my house adding joy to my life. Then there are five of my plants in the Ely library and four at the school library. I am blessed indeed.

Paula

No comments: