Friday, May 11, 2012

Temptations


Hello,

Normally I do not eat much fast food and am not often tempted by it. However, in this neighborhood I am finding it much harder. On my walks out and about I often pass five to ten eating places. Some are fast food and some are probably a bit slower. There is even a Dairy Queen just two houses and across the street away. It is hard not to think about and notice these places as they do all they can to attract attention to themselves.

So far Leroy and I have not succumbed to their lure, but I suspect it is only a matter of time. If nothing else I would imagine, when Miriam and girls are here from Utah we will have to make at least one trip there. As it will be August, ice cream will have a certain allure.

Something I should not be tempted by in the least is to use my thumb as a cutting board. Lately I have been cutting my thumb even though I have used this none recommended method for years, especially when cutting something fairly soft. As I recall my mother demonstrated this skill successfully all the time. It is a bother to get out the cutting board, but I am doing it even for something that would appear to be no problem. Finally that last thumb cut has healed even though I am sure my thumb print has been altered for identification purposes.

That new kitchen cabinet has been with us for a week and we are both so grateful to have found it. It is indeed a blessing to us. Now if we can just find some board to be used as a shelf inside I can start putting more things in it and having them readily available at my whim. Some of these things, such as the popcorn popper, are residing in such a high place above the cabinets that a chair is required to get it down. We like our stir crazy popper. We thought we had bought the best popcorn in the world when we got something that was the Iowa State brand. We have now found an even better corn that is grown or packaged in Cedar Falls. It makes the largest puffs I have encountered since my dad grew some popcorn. Just thinking about it tempts me to climb on a chair and get that popper down.

Paula

No comments: