Thursday, May 24, 2012

Life Goes On


Hello,

Yesterday was garbage day. I did not know if recycle was being picked up or not. It was, but I was late getting out the glass jars that I had wanted to eliminate. They need to be put in a separate bucket so it takes a little more effort. I checked to see that the recycle bin was out so I went back upstairs, collected the jars, found a bucket, and started to put it by the bin when I looked in the bin to find that it had already been picked up. “Oh shoot, I will have to find an out of the way place in this small garage for these jars,” I thought as I looked down into the empty container.

At that moment I heard a big truck pull into the alley. Sure enough it was the recycle truck where it stopped at the house next door. I started to walk over there when the truck started up. “Oh heck, now I am between houses,” I moaned in my head.

The truck slowed and stopped just as came even with me. “You have some glass?” the driver wanted to know as he swung out to grab my bucket handle, unload it, and handed it back. There are good people all over willing to do the little extra. I am indeed blessed.

I got a letter from IPERS that had been addressed to our last address, at first I thought that it came on its own power, but then I noticed a barcode on it with our current address printed under it. Now all I have to do is tell them I have moved again. They are crediting my account with the money I make in Ely so they do know that, but not where I live. This moving around all the time is really for the birds who do not have to get mail forwarded or money credited to their accounts.

I have used a backpack that was Brian’s from college. Brian graduated in 1999. The zippers were giving me trouble so since this has a lifetime guarantee, I sent it in, greedily hoping for a new bag. Miriam did that once. Not only did she get a new bag, but she got an upgrade. My bag? It came back but it took me a while to realize that it has new zippers. Hopefully, that will be good. I do like this bag and it certainly has given me a lot of service in more than one country. My needs were met. I have a usable bag once again.

Paula

No comments: