Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shopping Again?


Hello,

It is hard to believe that I would go shopping two days in a row. However, I bought nothing for myself except scotch tape that we were out of. Leroy however made up for that. All I did was urge him to get more. He had been complaining that his supply of jeans was either too large or too worn out. He got a new pair of jeans, a pair of causal almost dress black pants, a pair of navy blue dress pants, and a tan pair of jeans that are a bit towards the dressy spectrum. Besides that he also got a new pair of sneakers which he needed as the old pair was promptly thrown out when we got home. Leroy does not go clothes shopping often, but when he does he gets himself resupplied. Sales/clearance was the reason for some of these purchases as he got all of this for less than $75. We thought that was good.

We also got two picture frames. One was for a silk painting that Andy had given me some time ago and one was for a watercolor that we have had for 37 years. I was ready to get rid of the watercolor after the frame got broken, but Leroy likes it so we are going to try to get a cheap new frame to work with it.

Leroy thought he would work on the simple to assemble silk picture. Well half an hour, groans, and moans later it is still not done, but abandoned for the purpose of preserving Leroy’s mental health. The other picture is still waiting to be treated to that new frame home. Life is not always what it seems to be at first glance.

After that tension Leroy got out his stamps and worked on those. I am not always sure that that means, but he told me that he got three new stamps put in their proper spot. Following that we took a walk in new walking territory for us. I was rather glad to have Leroy with me as it was later in the evening and the streets were not square, but winding making it a bit more difficult to figure out the way home. My sense of direction pulled us through, however it was longer than either of us had anticipated. Challenging but successful, that is how life should always be. Good feelings follow that.

Paula

No comments: