Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Know my children?


Hello,

I have to confess that I do not totally know my children. Both of the girls want some of the pieces of Slovak pottery that we had intended to give to our children, but now wondered would they want it. That is nice to know I was wrong. Getting it to them will be the issue. We brought it home from Europe in several trips and back in the days when we could cart 70 lb luggage for two. If we fly here it will take up much needed space, but then perhaps we can learn to pack lighter still. Somehow I think God is urging us to life the slim stuff life. Miriam is going to drive out this summer so we can send some with her. Sarah and we do not have any plans to get together soon.

Leroy is not going to take the Slovak books to work just yet as they will be moving the library next month. He wants to fool with them only once in that area. In the meantime I put two of them out on the coffee table where we can enjoy their last days with us. We do like these books, but can no longer justify the weight and space when we do not look at them so very often.

 At work from 1-8 today, I will be the only person there. That is the first time I have had an entire shift to myself. I will have some work to do besides running the desk. Of course the patron comes first so I will only do what I am able of the cataloging and ILL.

There is one man who has come to the library to use the computer. He must watch funny videos as he sits there with headphones on and does a deep belly laugh almost the entire time. I find that I am smiling and almost laughing myself after a while. When he was gone, another patron asked me what he was laughing at. We both decided that it brightened our day even though we could not see what he found so amusing. Maybe we should pay him to come.

On a different note, living on the second floor exposes us to another view of the life of birds. They are perching up here on the same level. If I want a limited bird’s eye view, I have it.

More things are hung on the walls in the kitchen. It is looking like our home.

Paula

No comments: