Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Excitement


Hello,

Yesterday at work I found a “good” Z source for cataloging. I did use if for one set of audio discs. Then I was busy with other things so did not get to truly test it out by working on the cart of movies that is waiting for someone to catalog them and add them to the library. All of those discs were donated so they are just waiting.

It was exciting, but not the excitement that I like when three local junior high age girls were in the library. I did not see it happen, but they spilled some pop on a chair as well as the carpet. It was in a closable bottle, but they are not the most responsible people in the world. I asked them to leave and with a bit of struggle they did just that. The rest of my time was quiet and peaceful in spite of a steady stream of people.

This morning we again had a bit of excitement as Leroy came back about 5-10 minutes after he had left for work. “Would you take me to work?” he wanted to know.

“Why?” I asked. Notice I do not leap to respond until I know what for.

“I have a flat tire,” he said. And this is a new tire, sigh, but covered under warranty. It will be ok, just a bit of fuss and bother.

I did drive him. He is now working closer, but it is more time consuming to get there as there is much construction downtown. I came home a bit more quickly, but not a lot. Leroy does not now have a place at work where he could leave his bike otherwise I think riding the bike and using the bike path would be much faster.

On my walk this morning, I stopped to admire some flowers on a woman’s porch. We had a nice little plant talk. It is so much easier for me to meet my neighbors when they are out and about. Knocking on doors does not interest me.

Paula

No comments: