Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Annoyances


Hello,

I needed more time on my “pay as you go” phone. I tried to add it on line, but when I logged into my account it indicated there was no phone connected to that account. I do get advertisement in two of my email accounts. Next I tried using the other email and I could not get logged in. At that point I decided to add my phone to that other account, but it told me I could not do that as that phone number was associated with another account. I wonder if some of this mix-up occurred when I had to get a new phone since my old stopped working after it got wet. I then tried to get a password confirmation on the account that I could not log into. No luck going that route. I then called a service person. We had an extended conversation for several minutes while she tried to add minutes to my phone. After trying unsuccessfully for about 15 minutes she passed me on to someone else at the company. It took this new person almost ten minutes and at least two tries but finally the job was done. I had planned to have them clear up the confusion with my on line accounts, but no longer had the energy or will to face that challenge. At least now I can again talk on the phone when necessary. The cost? A few dollars and expensive time.

Leroy and I have a hand vac that we purchased a long time ago. After our move it had truly become a hand vac as a cover for the front had been lost in the move. The only way to make it operate was to cover that hole and I used my hand for that. Luckily two weeks ago I was looking in a box in the attic for something else when I noticed that cover, shouted with glee, put it on the vac, and it worked perfectly. I was only a little irritated with Leroy because he had opened that box, but happy that we had not gotten rid of it.

We have a small desk clock. It needed a new 1.5 V battery. The first store I looked in had them, but two for $15. Even though this was a gift clock a new clock would be cheaper. I put off doing anything. On my last shopping trip, I looked in a different store and found the batteries for just $2.83 for two. I don’t understand that price difference, but I promptly bought those cheaper batteries. The clock is working! Perhaps that higher price helped me to think that two batteries for the price of $2.83 was a good deal.

Paula

No comments: