Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy With Things


Hello,

Garage sales can be great experiences. At the Ely city wide sale we found a kitchen cabinet that looks like it will be perfect for holding our microwave plus it has one long drawer with two doors beneath. What a gift! Are you ready for this? It was free. The guy said, “I just hate to throw things in the dump.”

It looks good. It does not totally match our existing cabinets, but close enough to fit in the small, intimate group. We could not fit it in our car. Our landlord had told us that he would even pay for something good if we found it, consequently I called to see if he would make the trip in his van. He did and was pleased to see it. He also bought a file cabinet at the sale so it was not a wasted trip.

We have some regrets about buying that microwave cart previously, but know that we can use it as shelving space in the closet or out by the clothes washer so it will all work out. It was a blessing too in the week or two that we have used it for the microwave as I did not have to bend down to put things in. Blessings abound.

At one sale I finally found some flower pots so I bought one to be used to replant my jade plant which I have already done. It is great. Another small purchase was an almanac from 2011. Ours was from 2006. We consider that a great step up. I know I can find all of this information on the computer, but we do not have the computer on all of the time. I still like books. Leroy was pleased to find a new insulated lunch bag for $1. Total sales for us came to $3.25. On top of that we had some great visits with people we know around town. Nothing could be better.

The cabinet is in place and the microwave would not work. Neither would the lamp in the bedroom. Oops it was just a circuit breaker. We are in business. I repotted my jade plant. Hopefully it will grow and thrive in its new home.

Leroy is happy as a clam. But then how happy are those clams and who can document that? He found a 4X6 peg board in the attic. Today with my board holding help he got it up and filed with his tools. As he said, “Now I can find them easily.”

Life is good here.

Paula

No comments: