Sunday, May 20, 2012

Good Day


Hello,

We walked to church as per usual. I was happy to have on more than one layer as again I was cold in the building. What is with the desire to freeze? Or are other people warmer than I am?

Yesterday was quite hot at over 90 degrees. Today was a much more pleasant temperature. The catalpa trees in the neighborhood are blooming. There must be at least seven that we saw when out and about. They are covered with white blossoms casting their sweet aroma over a wide area.

We go to the early service so we have plenty of day left. Leroy decided to put up two small display shelves that I have been requesting from time to time. The first went up as if he knew what he was doing, however the second required some intense measuring, glaring, muttering, and repositioning. They now are both up with decorative items gracing the beauty of the rooms. He also managed to put up three more small Slovak pictures before he declared, “I am done for the day.”

We make progress in small steps. We have two more pictures that require frames. One about which I say let’s not keep it, but Leroy likes it so it will stay with us. What I should do is carry the dimensions with me at all times just in case I should go to a garage sale and see the perfect frame.

This afternoon Leroy and I went to a good choir concert. Leroy was especially pleased that he had gone. It was a good group and the music was well done. A friend invited me. She keeps wondering if I would like to join. Not sure why, but I feel hesitant. It seems diving into things is not my style. I should be here through the next season as Leroy’s job is to last until next summer and maybe even longer. At the concert we saw other friends. There is something satisfying about being in a place where I can, from time to time, meet someone I know. That is something I have missed with all of this moving around that we have been doing. Usually everyone on the street is not someone I know or they recognize me and I am “racking my brain” to come up with a name for them.

Paula

No comments: