Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Left and Right


Hello,

Some of you may not know but I do not have a clear idea of left and right. Leroy does not often have an idea of east, west, north, and south with which I do better. I also tend to interpolate numbers. As you might guess it is great fun to travel with us since I am talking about east and west while Leroy is talking left and right. Both of us only can easily interpret half of the conversation.  Shades of Waiting for Godot! To add to the confusion I might make route 92 into 29. Life is an adventure.

I borrowed a Tai Chi DVD from the library. I have been having such a hard time with it as I am trying to be very careful with left hand, right hand, right foot, and left foot. The leader faces me so I keep thinking I must switch everything around and getting hopeless wound around. Finally today, the third day I have watched I realized he is saying left hand and moving his right hand. Probably so the participants could do a mirror image mimic instead of reverse. If that was part of the instructions I failed to hear it. Maybe tomorrow I can follow the simple beginner’s routine.

At least in the library I do not deal so much with left and right. I do have to occasionally work with numbers and I focus to keep the sequence going in the proper order. I am feeling more confident about my cataloging at the library. I have progressed on to magazines and DVDs. That means I have covered all but how to find those books that are not included in this database. I will have to do some searching on the internet for that data as I am sure they have been catalogued someplace.

I wish you could see the shamrock in my window at home. It was a welcome gift from our landlord. It died down some, I moved it to the south window in the office, and it has rebounded greatly. It has a lot of blossoms on it now along with new leaves. Beautiful! Soon I will get reunited with my, fifteen or so, house plants. I will probably have many of them outside for the summer as I am not sure how they can fit in this space. I understand they are growing and thriving as would be expected when living at the library.

Paula

No comments: