Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Activities


Hello,

All of my children/grandchildren called so that made my day complete. Otherwise I did a number of things.

Leroy and I took our usual mile walk to church arriving about two minutes ahead of time. Guess we could pick up the pace a bit.

Back at home we both read some and Leroy took a nap. Then it was on to some more serious activities. We watered the four tomatoes and one pepper that were planted the day before. The tomatoes where two in a pot instead of one in a pot, so I took those two apart. One of them looks a little stressed, but the other three look fine. While watering we pulled some weeds or future trees that were almost six inches long. The trees around here are all old and distribute seeds freely as they want to reproduce and leave a legacy.

Then it was on to vacuum cars. I got new floor mats for mine and I did not want to put them on dirty carpeting. Once the shop vac was out it was fine to move on and do both. After that we cleaned up the windshields and Leroy applied some RainEx. I am pleased to get that done. Hopefully I can see out the window today. Once it was quite streaky when finished and made it appear that I was driving through a fog that remained with me.

After all of that Leroy walked me to the Dairy Queen for a blizzard. That was quite nice and relaxing. It was a bit much sweet for me causing me not feel so well afterwards even though we had shared the smallest one. I think just a cone for me next time.

The last task of the day was to look in some more boxes. I found my whisk. I am so happy. It was in a box marked “pie plates” and it did not have a pie plate in it. This box also had the rest of my kitchen towels. Who marked these boxes? Unfortunately it was my hand writing. Earlier one other box had been marked with the pop corn popper and toaster. It, as well, contained my favorite bowl for making bread. Leroy had marked that one. We are both guilty.
Paula

No comments: