Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Quiet Day


Hello,

I worked today even though the library was closed. There is major stoppage in the sewer line so it was closed Monday as well. Today there was digging activity in the late morning with chunks of cement and dirt going out the door from the back room. Certainly there were plenty of men and machines. That accounted for discussion and motion. The discussion makes me realize there are some mysteries underground.

In the office, however it was peaceful enough that I could work and just create my own mistakes and try to wend my way through to a good solution. I have not figured out how to work my way around some problems and twice just deleted the whole thing and started over.

I thought I would be alone, but in addition to the men, the custodian or janitor, just what is the proper title these days, was there doing a more thorough cleaning.

I set my own hours today so when I got in town I walked up to the post office as it is just a half a block away. I am mailing in a backpack for the lifetime guarantee as I still have quite a lot of life left in me, or is it referring to the life of the backpack? The success of my sock lifetime guarantee return has spurred me on to do it again. The sock return even provided the box that was big for socks, but perfect for a backpack.

On the way to the post office I noticed the hair cutting place was open and not busy so I stopped and yes I could get a haircut. Besides I got to use the bathroom as there is none working at the library. My haircut looks very good. Now I feel fortunate to have this curly hair that allows me to cut and go. This girl is certainly good at giving me a perfectly falling in place cut. I am happy.

Paula

No comments: