Saturday, May 19, 2012

Aging or unfocused?


Hello,

I dashed out the door, got in the car, drove easily with few cars on the road, got to Ely, looked at the clock in the car, and realized I was an hour early for work. I went in the library, put my lunch in the frig, grabbed my key, and went out for a walk. It was the perfect morning for just such an activity. However, I did not walk as far as I might have because I stopped and talked to three people three different times.

My Saturday in the library was a nicely paced busyness. People were in the space frequently, but not always needing help. Consequently I was able to get quite a lot of books prepared for the shelf. I like being busy with some time for people and some time for things. Perfect!

I had been told that sometimes some kids are a concern on Saturday, but that was not the case at all today. All kids who came in mostly took care of themselves by finding books or using the computers.

Tonight Leroy and I pulled weeds that were growing close to the garage. It begins to look much neater in the ally now. We should have done that earlier, but I did not realize some of them were so tall because I do not get over to that side of the garage.

Leroy spent some of his day in Czech village. He tells me that even though this is to honor the heritage of both Czech and Slovak peoples there is not much mention of Slovakia. I told him we will have to promote it. After all we think that Slovakia is much more important or at least equal.

Paula

No comments: