Sunday, May 6, 2012

Liking the Cabinet


Hello,

I do so like having the microwave on that cabinet. It is as Leroy said, “Solid as a rock.” The cart did not move with the wheels locked, but it jiggled which tended to be a bit disconcerting even though we knew it was secure. I have not loaded the drawer or the door part. There needs to be a shelf in there so Leroy is on the hunt for the proper board to use. He admits that the ones he has are not in good shape. I want something that is as good looking as the outside of the piece.

This afternoon Leroy and I went on the free tour at Brucemoor, the local historical mansion. Unsure that we could get in the 1st Ave. exit, we walked the long way around. By the indication on MapWalk it was a mile and a half to get there in the muggy heat. Then it was wait a few minutes to form a tour, take the 45 minute tour, walk out the other exit cutting the distance closer to a mile, and collapse at home guzzling water while sweating. All in all it was a good outing as the mansion was beautiful and the history informative.

We had already walked about 2.5 miles to church and back so we had plenty of walking time. I wore my new dress to church this morning and was quite pleased with how it felt next to my skin. My only complaint would be that there are no pockets. I always like to carry a tissue with me and prefer it in a pocket rather than my hand. I even wore a new scarf that I had gotten that went well with it. The purpose of the scarf was to keep me warm as I do not have a shrug or some such fashion accessory. These days involve times of almost shivering changing to sweltering and sweating. Such marked contrasts! Who invented weather anyway?

We made pizza tonight. Leroy got brave and put on some hot pepper that we had grown years ago. It is quite potent. He complained, and not to be outdone I used some also. In the front of my mouth, I got it between my lip and that area above my teeth. It was next door to painful and then became intolerable for a few minutes. Milk, water, and yogurt helped some to ease the intensity. An orange seemed to help the most, but it was probably the time from application that really made it better. We can now testify that hot peppers do not lose their hot over time. I think I grew these about 20 years ago and in spite of hanging out in a jar they are as fiery as ever. I believe we could keep them another 20 years and once more experience all the punch they have to offer.

Paula

No comments: