Friday, May 25, 2012

Mind Changing


Hello,

My sister and her husband are coming to visit this weekend. In preparation I actually wrote down what I thought I would serve at two of the meals. I tried copying my kids, or at least two of them, who plan meals and then shop according. I must be at best an unfocused shopper. Leroy and I seldom eat meat, but I saw two meat bargains at the grocery store and I changed one entire meal plan. The other stayed mostly the same with just slight changes. At least I know I will not change the menu again as I do not want to have all that meat to eat on our own. I could freeze any remainder and serve it when Miriam and girls are here in August. Or perhaps Leroy would eat it since I believe he likes meat better than I do.

On my shopping trip this morning I drove to a store that I do not usually go to because it is a bit farther away. I wasn’t paying attention and I missed the exit on the Interstate making my trip quite a few miles farther as I was at the edge of town. I tried almost unsuccessfully to enjoy the scenery as I made this extra jaunt.

I am pleased to have the Christmas cacti at home. They are settling in, in the shady back yard. It has cooled off for them so hopefully they will appreciate that. I now have the hanger for the airplane plant and it is residing at the opposite end of the clothes line from the fern. Good to have my babies home.

I just finished a good book called Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. The only thing about reading a good book is that it always ends which makes me a little sad. After all, “Now what do I have to do and think about?” I must confess that before the end I am usually reading as fast as I can because I want to know, but also there is a nagging thought that it will be over too soon.

Paula


No comments: