Friday, October 1, 2010

Spending Money

Hello,

We have been spending money as if we have it. Isn’t that the American way?

Every time there is a move it means much more is spent on groceries as I try to use up as much as we can so we do not throw it out, share it (That looks terrible!), store it, or move it. It is especially true when our things are in storage. We just do not want to deal with that. The plus side is that we hardly spend anything on food before we move, but the negative is that after we move it is it much greater outflow of cash than usual.

Leroy has been paid once here. Our credit card bill is larger than that check. But then besides food and gas we have some other big expenses such as plane tickets, car repair and offering. We have had to draw on that savings account that is just so we can survive without a salary. Thank God we are able to do that otherwise we might have to borrow from our children instead of the other way around. :)

Also thank God for children and friends who fed us and housed us for the intervening two months.

I don’t get out much and it is a bit dangerous to let me in the stores. I went a bit crazy with impulse buying even though our money situation will probably not be flush until next month. I have often thought that a light, re-chargeable, electric sweeper might be nice for the quick pick up. Yesterday I saw one at a good price and before I knew what was happening it was in my cart, in my car, and in my house.

After charging the sweeper all night, I used it this morning. It is great for picking up the surface lint, leaf, and litter. I will like it for keeping this large house looking company ready.

Paula

No comments: