Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Edge of Upset

Hello,

We are balancing on the edge of upset. Last night I had forgotten about the internet price issue, but Leroy mentioned it just before sleep came so I had funny dreams. It is his entire fault, right? In the middle of the night at 3:30 I woke and realized that Leroy was also awake tossing around in the bed.

“What is the matter?” I wanted to know.

“Oh I am thinking about that bill. I am afraid that we will get a bad credit rating if we do not pay it.” Leroy said.

Not long after that he went to sleep leaving me to pick up the banner of worry and fuss. I think I stewed that for more than an hour before falling asleep to traverse through even stranger dreams.

This afternoon, Leroy announced, “I am going to figure this thing out.”

Sure enough he paid the bill on line. He can now rest in peace. I am sorry that neither of us is as good at fighting companies as our youngest daughter is. We will check into the possibilities of changing to someone else, although we are not so hopeful about that.

We were spoiled in Chariton by the almost local company that was inexpensive and gave great service. It is hard to move and loose the best that you have ever had. I should learn to be more thankful for those good things instead of being complacent when they are with me.

Paula

No comments: