Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Changing airline Tickets

Changing Airline Tickets
October 26, 2010

Hello,

We had purchased tickets to DC. They fit our time line perfectly then a week or so ago they emailed to say that the times had been changed and it would be about two hours later. We could click on a link to change the flight. I tried one day, but could not get in. Mostly I just forgot about it and figured we would live with this less than perfect schedule.

Miriam is not of such nature. She insisted that we could do something about that to make it more to our liking. So yesterday she called the airline and learned that we could just cancel the tickets with a full refund because they had made the change and not us. She found tickets with a different airline that more closely fit the desired schedule. In the afternoon Leroy rebooked our tickets. According to Miriam, with this company we have 24 hours to cancel this purchase. So I waited until after we had something booked before I called and cancelled the first tickets. That was done last night. It makes me nervous to be fooling around with these expensive purchases, but I was happy to get it done more to our liking. This morning, I am a little concerned because the first airline sent a note stating that we needed to be at the airport sooner than they usually suggest. Next I checked the credit card to learn what was happening there. I found our new tickets listed on the billing as pending and nothing about the debit for the first tickets. When I went to that airline website it seems that they have no listing of the tickets. So that is done, but we were told that our credit card would show the return of that money. It is only money, right? I only have the verbal assurance of someone on the phone nothing in writing. Leroy thinks that it should show up in a couple days. Hope he is right.

Speaking of Leroy someone at church told me they were in high school when he was there, but they do not remember him. I said, “He is a quite person so I am not surprised at that.” Leroy went to a large high school with 300-400 in his grade.

Her husband replied, “He (Leroy) talks softly and carries a big stick.”

“What does that mean?” I wanted to know.

“When Leroy does talk,” he said, “You listen.”

There are still new things to learn about Leroy.

Paula

No comments: