Thursday, October 14, 2010

Haircut

Hello,

On an impulse when I was at Wal-Mart this morning I went into a shop to get a haircut. I could see they were not busy and I do not really like to make appointments. The girl cutting my hair was quite young and new I believe. This is perhaps the worst haircut that I have ever had. My hair does not lie down very well. She did not know it was naturally curly hair and that might make a different. It is also shorter on the bottom and longer on the top than I like. This haircut took a long time.

When I was in Utah I went to the barber school. There I got one of the fastest, cheapest, and best cuts I have ever had. Nothing like getting the best and the worst back to back. Anyway next time I will find out more information about this other place and try that. At least the person I spoke to has a cute haircut. I am having a bit of a time getting used to the idea that I now have to pay close to double for my cuts.

Leroy got a strange phone call at lunch today. It was made from a payphone and the operator, or computer asked if he would pay for a collect call from someone from the church. He could not understand the name so he said no. Then he felt badly in case it was someone who needed his help. He looked and learned that the number was from northwestern Illinois.

“How could this person get our phone number?” I wondered.

He considered possibilities a bit more then called the secretary at church.

She said, “I got a collect call from that same person. They would not tell me what they wanted other than your phone number. I think they just wanted money.”

There is some new scheme all the time.

Paula

No comments: