Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spiders

Hello,

One thing about moving in the fall is that spiders meet you at the door of your new home. It seems not to matter where it is. Intellectually I think spiders are fine, emotionally I wish I would not ever see another. At least here all of the spiders have been small. It is when they are large that I have more trouble sharing space with them. Today I picked up a piece of lint that Leroy seems to get from his socks only to discover that it was not lint, but a spider. Dropped, stomped on, and killed. After all that I still felt a bit creepy.

There are plenty of spiders outside, but that is ok. I do not mind that, I even think they are good for getting rid of other insects I might not like.

We also have an infestation of Japanese beetles. They came to visit in droves after the bean field next to the house was harvested. It is not really that many in the house. They are only on the back of the house closest to the field. Today they are diminishing in number. It has cooled off some and maybe that explains their absence.

We again rode to the library. It was noticeably cool in the windy downhill ride. Coming back I guess we work enough and we are not moving fast enough to create much wind so it seemed warmer.

Leroy and I as well as two women worked in the church library this morning. I gathered nothing had been done to this one in several years. I have only been in one church where the library was a lively vibrant place with lots of traffic in and out. We will see what can be done here and if the place will be used.

Paula

No comments: