Monday, October 25, 2010

Symphony and Disease Progress

Hello,

Yesterday afternoon the symphony was much better than I expected. The music selections were none I had heard before so I am sure that I am right in saying they were well done. The most disappointing thing is the small audience. They do perform in two other towns so that certainly gives them more exposure. Leroy even stayed awake for the entire thing. That says it was interesting to him.

Yesterday in spite of the cough went to church armed with cough drops, hoping I would not pass my germs around to others. I thought of staying home, but I wanted to go to the symphony and felt I should not go to church and then go to some entertainment thing. I also sucked cough drops during the concert in the afternoon. Then I looked at directions after I got home to learn that they should be spaced about two hours apart. Did I allow an hour? Maybe, maybe not. Last night at 3:00 am I felt something shift in my head and it was not existential. Shortly I could breathe through both nostrils. Health is returning!

Since the cough was still around this morning, I put some vapor rub on my chest and throat according to directions. I even read the negatives on the container. Either I or my mother has done every one of those probations. Don’t put it up a nostril, near the mouth, in hot water, or heat it. In defense of my mother those directions were probably not there so she did as she desired.

I am feeling much better, with just a little cough and a little tired. I suspect getting a good breath is of great benefit.

Miriam called to say that Olivia fell hitting her head and spent some time in the ER. She is ok, but it was a worry. Also there is snow on the ground this morning in Utah. Winter is indeed coming.

Paula

No comments: