Saturday, October 23, 2010

Book Sale

Hello,

The Burlington Public Library book sale was today. Prices are exactly twice what they were in Chariton. Seems prices of some other things have been higher too. Leroy makes more here, but not twice as much. Salary and costs do not always go together. It is a good thing that we do not need everything. We have as much as we need. I did buy some books, but only half the amount that I usually would.  Leroy did not attend so that means quite a savings right there. This sale does not go on for more than one day. In Chariton we kept going back and finding just a few more books that we would like.

Leroy is gone all day. He left before 7:00 this morning and will come back in the early evening. It makes me realize that being a newcomer in town is lonely. Not that I needed to see anyone, but I realized that I do not know anyone to just call up and say lets… If Leroy died I would certainly have to get my life in order, but how? Seems to me I should just die first and let him deal with that.

I have not been feeling well. I can’t decide if I have a bug or if the cough is from the dry air. Probably it is a bit more than dry air as I have been incredibly tired. Today is better than yesterday. However this afternoon it was nice for a while so I took a three mile walk that wore me out. Since then I have been content to sit and read.

I tried to take a nap, but was unsuccessful. How does Leroy do that anyway? Sleep is not illusive for him. He can even control the length of his naps. He will say I am going to sleep for five minutes or perhaps ten. Almost never had I had to wake him. Such talent!

Paula

No comments: