Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No Blood Given

Hello,

Even though I knew the appointment time, when it got close I had to hurry around changing clothes, straightening hair, putting on sandals, and locking the door. We got to the blood donation site about three minutes ahead of time, but no problem as they were having computer troubles. She wanted to see my blood card. “I did not bring it,” I said.

“Your driver’s license?” she then asked.

“I have no ID with me,” I said.

“Sorry I can not take your blood,” she told me.

Moving on to Leroy she learned he had his license since he had driven. They even got so far as checking his hemoglobin, blood pressure, and pulse. However, after learning that he had lived for five years in Slovakia they declined to take his blood either. It did not matter that we had been to Africa because one woman said that there is the Africa test of the blood to learn if you are harboring any unfriendly organisms. So now until or if they change the rule we can not give blood for the rest of our lives.

Late Sunday afternoon we took a walk on the storm sewer that comes above ground in the park across the street. It runs all the way to the Mississippi, but we did not quite make it that far as after the railroad tracks it became private property. It is a great walk if any of you want to walk when you visit we can take you on that hike. It is at least a good level surface even if down hill all the way and up hill on the return. I would guess that it is at least a mile one way. Seems to be typical good walk doesn’t it?

Paula

No comments: