Saturday, October 16, 2010

Upset

Hello,

Leroy and I are both upset. We got a notice in the mail today from Quest stating that because we have not paid our bill our internet and phone service will be cut on Monday. So if you do not hear from me for a while that will be why. We will be shut down.

It seems that this whole thing is one big misunderstanding. The secretary at church set up the account since the church pays the phone bill. She had understood them to say that the bill amount is $15 per month for internet and $35 for the phone. When the bill came it was significantly more than that. Leroy and I have paid for an internet connection charge that was not mentioned in the first conversation as that did seem fair. We also paid the quoted cost of internet for the month of September. The secretary has spent considerable time speaking with them. One of the problems is that there is nothing in writing as it was all done over the phone. The disconnection notice that we received today was for well over $200.

For Leroy and I the real problem is that we have always paid our bills and have never experienced something like this. I must remember we are fortunate that we can live without phone and internet for a time even if we would not like to do that. We can use our cell phones or the phone at church. We can also use the internet there, but I do not like to do that as I have to work around Leroy’s schedule because of using his computer. And I do not like his computer. It is old and drives me nuts. No one likes to see me when I am nuts.

On a positive note, we had a choir retreat at church this morning. It was great to spend three hours singing. I have missed singing for longer periods of time. There is a local choir that I might join.

Paula

No comments: