Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Joy in the Day

Hello,

Went to bible study this morning and met two new people. Nice bonus to the experience. If these people ever wear the same clothes I might remember their names. The study was enlightening too.

This afternoon went to one of the women’s groups. Had a delightful time learning, or being reminded, about Dorcas. Before we got started one of the women told me that the leader “has some dementia so I help her”. All things considered it went off very well with just some repetition. She, being a former school teacher, even gave us homework. I was also impressed that she remembered who I was, but she knew Leroy better than some because her son was a friend of his.

When they ate they had a door prize of the centerpiece. One of the hostesses got the star on her plate so after some discussion she traded her plate for mine. I was not quite up to speed on what was happening until it was all finagled. The center piece looks wonderful on my table. It is a candle surrounded by autumn leaves. I will enjoy that especially since I do not buy decorative items as I have no desire to move them. I will figure out what to do with this candle ring when fall is over. Who knows I might keep it since it is very light weight therefore not such a big deal to move.

This evening I was enjoying a cup of tea as the sun was going down. The beauty and the warmth drew me outside to see it clearly. There was a monarch butterfly on the blooming sedum. That almost seemed like a miracle because while I have seen many butterflies, moths, or flickers on this plant none of them have been bigger than a quarter even with their wings expanded.

Paula

No comments: