Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hard Work

Hello,

Yesterday Leroy came home before the sun went down so we went down on our bikes. The destination was the library. I have to carry the books because Leroy does not have a rack on his bike. He got rid of his commuter bike with rack and only has one bike now. I think he misses those bags. But Miriam gave us a small back pack that just has cords for straps so it is quite light weight. Leroy thinks it works very well when he goes to the minister’s bible study. He can easily carry his materials. When we are together I can carry the load and it is not really a problem.

However, when we came back home up that long tall hill I was quite a distance behind Leroy. There was no way I was going to catch up as I did not want to expend any energy in a burst of speed when there was still quite a long stretch of hill ahead. Leroy finally did do some circling and waiting for me when we turned onto a side street. I think I am stronger when by myself as I do not notice anyone else going up the hill fast. Leroy said, “I went fast because I wanted to work up a sweat. I am cold.”

I was a little cold too, but just accepted that fact as the smaller problem.

I am trying to find good homes for some of the old things that Leroy and I are carrying around with us. That can be a tough job as three email addresses did not get me anywhere. A couple things I will just put in the mail and send off when I get some more mailing supplies. We did not move anything like that and I am feeling the lack.

Some things I will still keep, but where to put them? The basement in the Chariton house had a great amount of shelving that welcomed all of our things encouraging me to keep them a little longer. Now my thoughts have turned, but must I buy another bookcase just to put things on it? It seems silly just to keep these things in boxes.

Paula

No comments: