Thursday, September 23, 2010

What a day!

Hello,

I called to get the routing number from one of our bank accounts so Miriam could transfer some money back to us. This guy needed to ask me five security questions. Three of the five involved counties that we might have lived in. I remember all the cities that we have lived in, but not necessarily the counties. It was especially tricky when one of the counties was Hennepin. I know that is a county for the Twin Cities, but I thought not the one that we had lived in. I was correct, but not easily. We have finally kept all former addresses and phone numbers in a file because once in a while we are asked for that. Now I guess we need to add counties to the information. Because I did not tell Leroy I had done this, he also called to get that routing number. They did not ask him any of these things. Who can explain that?

This afternoon I rode my bike to the library. Even downhill there was a brisk wind and the sky was overcast. Leroy suggested a different more gradual approach to the library. That was a great help. Then on the way home I tried to follow the bike route. They have it marked, but I need more frequent signs plus I looked for the street less traveled. After wandering around on the top of the hill I finally had to stop and ask someone for help. At least I live by the well known park so they know something about how to get there. I was not too far off, but it was a struggle because of the hill and a head wind. Does the wind change direction just when I do? Seemed to me that it did. I was tired and sweaty when I got home, but grateful that I made it learning something about the streets in town in the process. Also if there is a storm coming, I beat it.

My hair is getting long and we need to start looking for a dentist. Fun, fun, fun! I almost envy Leroy his little hair crop that I can control for him.

Paula

No comments: