Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dishwasher Tales

Hello,

Those of you who know me well know that I am not sold on dishwashers, the machines that is. I know that puts me in the minority in this country. Generally it annoys me that I have to prepare the dishes for this helpful machine. Besides, it will not do the hard jobs at all preferring the easy ones such as glasses, plates and silverware.

Here in this house however, I have been using the dishwasher more because the sink is a bit low for me and I have not figured out the proper bend to my back to be comfortable. Until today the sink stopper over the garbage disposal would not hold water as the stopper was quite chewed up. Did it go down? If so how could that have happened?

The hardware store had to order a new one and we picked it up today. It works! I will probably hand wash more dishes now or have I been hooked on that contraption?

The chimes ring on the hour. I can not tell you if it is more times even though it is just next door on the church. At three in the afternoon hymns are played. It is nice to hear. When I went to college I hear the same and got so I paid attention to the time that way.

I did go buy two more mums today. It is quite wet but I will plant them later so they do not have to spend so much time getting used to the strong sun.

I did not get the weeding done, but I will also plant the things I brought from Brian’s house as I am sure they would like to be in the ground even though they look very good now.

I have to confess that I have not again ridden the bike downtown. Tomorrow I will get out there unless it rains.

Paula

No comments: