Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bad -- Good

Burlington, IA

Hello,

Yesterday was an opposites type of day.

The phone line is connected. Only one of three phones still works.
Some phone outlets do not work. The new phone only needs one.
Internet is connected. Speed is slower than expected. (Today is faster.)
Computer screen seems small after using the giant display at church. Screen holds entire message, no scrolling.
Piano needs tuning. Piano is in the house.
Favorite popcorn is not at this Hy-Vee. Store has Hy-Vee Whole wheat flour on sale.
Too early at the dry cleaners to pick up. But delivery happened as I was there so I waited.
Could not find five things at Hy-Vee. All workers must be taught: “I’ll take you right to it.”

Now today I am learning how to use the new phone and get all of the tricks in my repertoire. (Good heavens. What is happening? I spelled that word correctly. My brain is indeed sharp. So much learning pays off.)

Yesterday I only unpacked one box and found the flyswatter. Yes! Leroy has assembled three of our ancient medal shelves that take too many nuts, bolts, and time. I have finally agreed that we will not move so many the next move, and buy other modern easily put together models if we need them. Here we will probably use all. In Chariton only a few got used so it was not hard to take them with us.

I am excited we will have an overnight guest tonight. There is one bed appropriately assembled. One mattress is on the floor, but very comfortable. I just knew Burlington was on the way to somewhere.

On Friday we will get a plant delivery along with some bedrails as well as company and conversation for lunch. This is looking good.
Come visit if you are in the area or going through.

Paula

No comments: