Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our Home

Hello,

We do call it home now. It takes a while to make that switch in thinking. It was perhaps good for us to have those two months to wipe the last home from our place vocabulary. It was also good to have some time to disengage from the people there and open ourselves more readily to others. Being in a church has been compared to a marriage and ending it also takes a time of grief before you can emotionally embrace the new people. I guess God gave us two months so we would be ready to enter the new.

I have the pictures taken and uploaded. We have a number of things in this house that we have never lived with before: a patio, the larger grill that the last pastor left here, a fireplace, display shelves, two ovens, oven and stove as separate units, big refrigerator, master bath, body spray in the shower, pool table, and a remote for the light and fan in bedroom.

I am starting to shift around the pictures so I can get a feel for the places that I would like to put them. There are some existing nails in the walls. It would be nice to use those if we can find that right picture belonging there.

It will take some thought as to what should go on the display shelves. Right now it is all random.

Each time we move it seems that I notice we should refinish this or that piece of furniture, but it does not get done. Perhaps that is not my type of activity so I just ignore whatever when it is in place.

We did buy a phone that has an intercom feature. I think we just might make use of that instead of long distance yelling. That will be a first.

You are welcome to look at the photos at this website: http://picasaweb.google.com/psbradway/BurlingtonHouse2010#
Paula

No comments: