Monday, September 13, 2010

Apple Crisp

Hello,

I made an apple crisp this morning. It tasted good, but I would like the apples to mush up a bit more when they are cooked. These apples came from the tree in the back yard. I will probably cook with most of them as they are not so exciting to eat raw. There are a lot of imperfections so it is not easy to just bite into one and eat it. We have been cutting them.

The second car is back with us now. Leroy is excited because he likes the way the clutch works. As he said, “I did not jerk around at all.”

We have found the clutch on the Saturn difficult to navigate smoothly. I suspect that the Saturn will become my car and the other Leroy’s since he likes it so well. Both cars even fit in the garage. The recycle pick up was today and they took our massive stack of collapsed boxes. Yeah! It cleared a lot of space in the garage.

For the first time in years we are not saving moving boxes. We thought it might help with the mildew elimination. We were going to be very strong and get rid of all boxes, including those that a product came in, but we have backed off from that standard. We did not go far, but there is a pile of boxes in the basement that looked to be in good shape. Then there is the pile of 25 boxes that I have not yet opened. Many of them are decorative items or souvenirs that we do not need.

Oh decorating! Do I want to do that? Yes and no. I have all the pictures out and scattered around the house on the floor. There are some long shelves on the walls, living room, dining room, and one bedroom. We have some things sitting on those shelves, but it is probably not their final home. They landed there because they were close when the box was opened.

I did take pictures of the outside of the house today, but have not downloaded them to the computer. One day I will get on the computer earlier in the day, maybe tomorrow. Now I am too tired to do any fussing.

Paula

No comments: