Sunday, September 12, 2010

Third Sunday

Hello,

It is our third Sunday in church here, but only here two weeks and one day. Good aren’t we?

The first Sunday we just sat in the pew and worshiped. One woman fainted. Today during Leroy’s “terrorizing” sermon a man fainted. Do you think a pattern has been established? We can only remember one other time when someone fainted in church and that was probably 15 years or more ago.

Today was the first official practice for choir. Practice starts an hour and ten minutes before church. With church starting at 9:00 that means early singing. I try to talk a lot ahead of time. As has happened to me several times in the past old songs are being brought out and used. I can sight read some so that helps me get through it. The anthem this morning had the sopranos always singing the melody and that helped too.

Surely it must be keeping my brain sharp along with all the other things I need to learn. I mostly have our address down but for the additional four numbers of the zip. The phone number is almost in the memory too, but for the three numbers after the area code.

This is a serious choir as they wear robes, process in, and sit up front. I might learn the faces of the congregation, but I am seated behind the raised lid of the grand piano. When seated my view is the lid. It is a nice lid.

Leroy had said that people wanted to know who I was. I had expected that he would introduce me. But that did not happen so I stood with him at the back of the church to shake hands. I think in all these years I might have done that once before. It was interesting anyway.


It is nice to be the new pastor’s wife because they gave me the alter flowers after church. They are beautiful roses and something else that I can not name. I am blessed.

Paula

No comments: