Saturday, September 11, 2010

relaxing Friday

Relaxing Friday

Hello,

As I wrote the date I again thought about the years that have gone by since tomorrow's date became more memorable for people in this country. Then I think of all the others who died on different days do we not pay attention to them just because death picked a different day? Is it the drama of the moment that makes the difference? Is it the numbers of people? There have been others who have died in terrorist attacks.

Yesterday was a great day. As we were half way through the park, I wondered why we were walking so fast. “I want to see the sunrise over the Mississippi,” Leroy replied. We made it in time to see the colors and hues change. We will have to do that again. Just as we were coming out of the park a perfectly beautiful complete rainbow could be seen framing the church. It was so wonderful especially since it had not rained here.

We got lunch ready ahead of time so I would not be cooking when our guests came, even though I like things to be cooked and eaten immediately. Or at least that is the style I grew up experiencing.

All of my plants arrived in fine shape and I told them hello. They are in the house, but not necessarily in their final spot.

We had a great visit and caught up on life in Chariton. They got the house tour before we set off to church.

After church we headed off in the car to visit the two parks across the street. While in the park with the overlook of the Mississippi we shared some space with a momma deer and her adolescence twins. She certainly was happy to ignore us even though we were quite close. Her children followed her lead and munched away on the grass.

Then it was down Snake Alley on foot since the street was closed to traffic. It is something to be in a place where we are somewhat familiar so we can show people around even though we have only been here two weeks. We don’t feel so new.

Last night we slept in our own bed for the first time in almost three months. I had a hard time getting to sleep, could it be because it is not my bed yet and I have to reclaim it? Also we were in the master bedroom for the first night in this house. So it was all different.

Paula

No comments: