Friday, September 3, 2010

Comments

Burlington, IA

Hello,

Leroy does read my letters and he just laughed because he has found me annoying in all the togetherness that we have experienced.

I unpacked two boxes of my clothes that did not need to be washed, yeah! It is curious about this mildew because it is on something and not on something else in the same box. Some boxes are all ok. But perhaps they were in the house. I wish now that we had put all of it there.

Brian did remind us that he helped us move one time. I do now remember that he did. It was ten years ago when we moved to Moorhead. Thanks Brian!

Yesterday afternoon a shape caught my attention coming from some bushes. It was a deer who was soon followed by her twin fawns. She came within ten yards of statue still me. As she went past the neighbor’s house and up their lawn the deer walked within about 15 feet of her as she weeded her drive. After that they headed across the busy street and into the park.

Early this morning while walking in the park we saw three more. They saw us but paid little attention. These animals know they are safe with us.

Our house, it is becoming more our house, has the church just across the drive on one side, the park across the street in the front, neighbors on the north, and a bean field on the west. I am pleased that my neighbor did come and introduce herself yesterday. We will have to go meet some more neighbors all in good time. I almost feel like I am out in the country.

Paula

No comments: