Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Painful Changes

Hello,

Annoying might be more exact than painful, but I really have a hard time when I have to throw chip board (cereal box type materials) and plastics with numbers other than one or two in the trash. Each time I think about how I used to be able to recycle it. I checked out the book, Garbage Land. If you can find it, I think each American should read it. We are the garbage champions of the world, but who wants to win that prize?

To purchase almost anything here I must get in the car or use the bike. Also to use the library I would find it a long walk so must use the bike or car. I was pleased that I could walk helping the earth and my body. Was that pride going before the fall?

We thought we were getting things in order early so we could fly to DC for Christmas. Today the airline sent an email saying they had changed our flight to a later time. That means that we should have plenty of time to get to airport, but not so much time to spend with the entire family as Brian and Jen will be returning the next day. We will not get there until 7:00pm and it could take another hour to get to Sarah’s house. We also thought we would be about the same time as Miriam and family and we could help them deal with the metro and children. Now they will be there about two hours ahead of us. Since we were flying the same airline it was going to work out great as they were originally just half an hour behind us.

Where is my flexibility gene? Did it get lost?

I rode downtown this afternoon with Leroy. He took some time off as he is working tonight and it is only three miles down so it would not take so long. We did get stopped by a train, but it was interesting to go look at the steam engine that is on display there. It could pull a passenger train at 90 mph. Who knew they could go that fast back in the old days?

It was nice today because the fountain was on and Leroy had not seen that before. The new route up the hill was not bad or are we getting stronger already?

Paula

No comments: