Monday, September 6, 2010

Things

Burlington, Ia

Hello,

If we knew what things to keep and those things we would not want, moving would be easier and make more sense. Here we need more wastebaskets, bath mats, bookcases, shower organizer, and patio furniture. Need is not really the word, but we want. We will buy a shower organizer, more wastebaskets, and another bookcase. The rest we will ignore after all we expect to be here only a year.

Before we left Charlton I said, “Why did we store this shower caddy for three years? Surely the next place will have something just as we do here. It is going to the garage sale.”

Leroy said, “We have too many wastebaskets. We do not need so many.”

On the other hand we have gathered a box of things that we will pass on to the thrift store. It will all be good.

The blinds in the upstairs are beyond my mechanical ability to operate. Rather I can get them up, but not down. I always prided myself on more mechanical ability than Leroy, but he can get these things to work with a bit of persuasion and persistence.

The other day I saw feet walking as I looked at the fireplace. I whirled around wondering who was behind me as I thought the feet were reflected in the glass. No one was there. Leroy then came around the corner. The fireplace in the living room also is used in the dining area off the kitchen. So I was looking through the fireplace and not getting a reflection. This happened to Leroy one day when we were eating. He saw a car going by but it was out on the street and not behind us. This will take some getting used to the effect.

Paula

No comments: