Saturday, September 18, 2010

arrived Safely

Hello,

In spite of driving through a downpour that included small hail pellets soon after I started it was a good trip. I did move into serious worry when the hail started, wondering what I would do if the hail got bigger and broke a car window. Do you think my worry and gripping the steering wheel made it stop? Why do we do that? What does it accomplish?

It took me seven hours when it could probably be done in six or six and a half hours. But I did make a stop at Goodwill to drop off some clothing or materials that were cut, torn, or stained. They accept such things and sell them for rags or rug making. It makes me feel better than throwing them in the trash. Besides it was on my way even though it was almost two hours into the drive. The internet is great for finding addresses.

I also took a walk on a paved trail through the woods at one of the rest areas. I figure when I am doing all of the driving I need to move around more when stopped.

It was quite a bit colder than I had anticipated for the early part of the trip. Here in New Brighton the shinning sun was warming. Brian and I washed his vehicle and then washed mine too. I won the prize for the most pulverized bugs on the bumper. Brian thinks, “Iowa has too many bugs.”

Yesterday Leroy and I watched a fighter jet practice for an air show. Because the airport is just across the bean field, a street, a block of houses and another street we got a good view of much of it. Certainly the sound attracted our attention. It was nice to have it so close that we could clearly see the bottom of it from time to time. Good back yard entertainment.

Paula

No comments: